View Single Post
Old 12-23-2015, 09:38 AM

Default Hello from the Netherlands!

So this must be the right place!

Hello everyone,

I am new to using forums. There is no one in my life who knows about what I'm going through, and I heard many of you have been through the works with spinal problems. I would love any feedback on life with an ADR. I am speaking to Dr. Clavel tomorrow, and I will be attempting to get a 2 level lumbar ADR, as recommended by him. I am not sure if insurance will foot the bill just yet. I am an American/Greek living in The Netherlands, so I am trying to take advantage of the disc surgery options in Europe. Has anyone been through it yet? If my insurance doesn't cover the procedure, it's back to the Netherlands and fusion surgery in my local city. I've had it with pain meds and injections. I have waited five years to get some serious pain relief, mobility, and stability in my spine. I feel like a complete loser with no job and an end to my studies thanks to being disabled. Ugh. All I can do is pray. Thanks for reading this, and I hope I can find support and survive this next step toward recovery with ADR. Happy holidays everyone, and best wishes!!

2010 L3/L4 Disc herniation with cauda equina compression, resulted in L3/L4 Discectomy/Laminectomy (left side)/Decompression.

2013/2014 L4/L5 Disc herniation, resulted in L4/L5 Discectomy/Laminectomy (right side)/Decompression.

Effective medications: Oramorph

Other treatments: Countless epidural steroid injections

Current MRI findings: Arthrosis, spondylolisthesis, and further L3/L4 disc herniation.