View Single Post
Old 04-13-2022, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annapurna View Post
To take this to an extreme: if you don't revise your fusion to an ADR AND you do, at some future time, end up with adjacent segment damage, you can get those adjacent segments replaced with ADR for a hybrid spine. There's risks of second operations in the c-spine area due to scarring. Laura lost partial function of one iris and has never fully regained it and had a partially paralyzed vocal cord resolve after time; both caused by the surgery for her second Prodisc in her c-spine. Those risks aside, what I'm getting at is that you're not in a position where choosing to not revise your fusion now places you in an irrevocable situation. There are other options available to get you functional in the future.
I am sorry to hear about Laura's case.

Besides my quality of life being at 50% right now (and right now I am not bad at all), what also obsesses me is the perspective of having the whole spine fixed in a long-term future (c4-c5 and c5-c7,.. and so on if degeneration comes to other adjacent disks) with all unconvenients and pains related to this.

Man, I wish I never took that heavy weight in 2020.

Thanks for your wise feedback

Last edited by elorpar; 04-13-2022 at 04:14 PM.