View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 06:58 PM
Administrator

You must be kidding me – no one is asking you to leave. This ain’t no dictatorship! What “rules” have you broken!? It’s all about helping and sharing. What Cool-Aid have you been drinking! Good Lord.

You are surely correct about me being “ADR-friendly,” though I can only guess why you say that in a negative manner. I am expressly for relieving patients of joint pain, disease, disability, etc. That’s why I track developments in arthroplasty, stem cell research, biologics, immunology, hematology and epidemiology, etc. It’s a perpetual chore, and members see just a small sample of that on the board across all the forums. And I've posted many topics about qual/disqualification criteria for ADR -- while also lobbying for more explicit and detailed criteria. Does this get noticed or scrutinized? Perhaps. Not.

Stated more crudely: progress? Yes. 50-year-old spine treatments?! No.

The majority of ADR patients do well with ADR – at least the ones that were properly qualified. I am...for sure…for progress. More about my biases and many flaws from the rumor mill will be revealed soon in another topic. As well: just because one "qualifies" for ADR, it does not mean one should seek that solution. I've also talked about this a zillion times.

And to you and your friend’s comment:

"...Those who initially post with a negative ADR slant most often get cut short with a ‘I pm-ed you, call me, let’s talk’..."

It’s because I provide support and lots of questions when I do talk to patients – and I’ve talked to many, many this year…on my dime, on my time. And I am really glad I have. I’ve learned a lot, while helping others. And that’s where I wish to be right now: helping others move to the next stage of wellness. BTW: See Joey's post from tonight in Arthroplasty Central.

Unfortunately, some unscrupulous people are using this board to misrepresent themselves…and you definitely know that happens! We've been there and done that! The bigger this board gets, the more issues there are for me to manage. Please tell me: how many other non-profit organizations host a discussion board?! Very few, if any. I now know I am a glutton for punishment....almost four years now. I wear my bars...and scars...with pride.

If you move on, the community loses. Whatever you decide, I hope you find another way to help the community, as you have here. We all thank you for caring.
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate