View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
I'm sorry about all this pain and trouble with your c-spine! What is the reason for removal? And what specific areas of inquiry do you have? We'll try to help!
The top portion of my prodisc has migrated forward, it is now stable just in the wrong position. The dr is not sure if that is what causing me my pain, or the arthritis. I guess due to the adr, I have arthritic facet joints at the surgical spot (?). He thinks that the disc may just not 'be for me'. I have an MRI scheduled next week I believe, so he wants to see if the joints above and below are arthritic, I guess if they are he won't want to do the fusion after all (?). I had taken my painkillers earlier in the day, and am not 100% sure as to all he said (hence the question marks), my husband was there and restated everything my dr mentioned, I'm just unsure of it all. So much of this doesn't make sense to me.

Edited to add --- I'm just looking for personal stories, or info regarding the removal of the disc. I have heard that the lumbar revisions can be considered life threatening, so I'm trying to find info on cervical revisions.. I'm just not finding great info.. I know no surgery/person is the same, but I'm curious, are you opened up at the same spot? or is a revision posterior? is the recovery time worse than just a fusion, since technically more is being played with in there?