View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 10:04 PM

Default Info on Charite problem at l5-s1

I was sent to nuerologist summer 2005 after low back and leg pain did not respond to epidurals. I had a herniated disc l5-s1 since late 90`s. The I had IDET (intradiscal electrothermal therapy) done on the same disc 2001.I had to retire from the trama that procedure caused. A long recovery then disc failed again that led to artifical disc charite l5-s1. For a short time (maybe 3 weeks ) pain went away in legs and feet then pain came back and I was told I had failed back surgery syndrome. Anyhow it has been tough living with the artifical disc-constant pain,unable to sit,etc. Anyone else experience similar problems?
About 6 weeks ago my low back and leg pained has worsened and has been extremely hard to control even with 3 epidurals,si trigger,physical therapy. I have had to double avinza to 120 mil but even that doesn`t help. Recent forward x-ray of lumbar show the charite to be positioned to far back toward spinal cord. I never had a dexa scan before surgery but did have a positive mri and discogram at the l5-s1 level. I was told by pain dr and my nero dr that just did a anterior cervical decompression fusion c5-c7 that I need to have a revision surgery but nero dr doesn't want to do it. Hope I didn't give you guys to much info but I need some ideas.

2000 - diagnosed fybromyalgia
I also have disc bulge l3-l4,l4-l5
2005 - neucleoplasty l4-l5
2009 - diagnosed with Ehlers danlo syndrome
2010 - cervical fusion c5-c7 (severe stenosis and collapes disc c5-c7)
Host of other problems that can make life difficult.

Last edited by kruse1234; 10-19-2010 at 10:22 PM. Reason: typo,additional history