View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 10:19 PM

Default Newbie to the site.

Thanks to everyone that contributes to this site. It's really nice finding so much info in one spot. I have some cervical issues, so I will be here often.

Where to start? I have a herniated disk C5/6. Unfortunately, I am without insurance... actually I have blue cross/shield, but there are spinal treatment restrictions on my policy(long story). I am going through several hoops in hopes of having ADR here in Illinois, but it is a far shot. My last hope will be to go out of country. I have read about pricetags being $10-15K abroad. I can not afford the 50-75K prices I have seen for the ADR procedure here in the states.

It's scary... I have visions of basement operating rooms with the leaking plumbing pipes overhead, flickering flourescents, etc... I know it wont be that bad, but it is scary thinking about doing this.

So I am researching the subject now and looking into Costa Rica, India, and Germany. Everyone tells me to stay away from Mexico. I have found several "medical tourism" companies that put packages together for you, but I am hoping to get objective advice from folks like yourselves. I will be researching here often. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would grateful!
Thanks in advance.
Scott