View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 01:58 AM

Default been there...

Hello Christine,

Mine was denied by insurance as well. I am going to Dr. Nick Boeree in England for ADR 2 levels on 8/31. I am using my retirement acct to help me finance it. I don't know if that is an option for you, but I am determined that ADR is the better option for me than insurance approved 2 level fusion. I know you like Dr. Zigler, but there are also many experienced surgeons you can look into overseas that have been doing this surgery for years and it will cost much less than a US MD. That was my conclusion, at least. Just some thoughts for you....

Take Care
Love hiking, biking, anything outdoors. 2005 dx with cervical DDD and radiculopathy, given PT, NSAIDs. Back to regular lifestyle with very few problems until March 2011, hyper extension of neck created the "straw that broke camel's back". C5-6 and C6-7 herniation with compression of the spinal cord. Pain between shoulder blades and mild numbness down L>R arm. No conservative options-only surgery per NS x 3. S/P 2-level ADR surgery with Mr. Nick Boeree in England Aug 31, 2011.