View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 12:23 AM

Default Fusion and ProDisc ADR 5 months ago - traded pain for pain

I'm five months out from having a ProDisc ADR. I'm not sure which model of the ProDisc I received. Good news is that the pain in my right arm has mostly gone away. Pain in my left arm has started last week.

I have had a permanent headache since the surgery that never goes away, just varies in intensity.

My thorasic spine area has been in pain ever since the anesthesia wore off. I have been to a month worth of physical therapy and had a thorasic spine MRI that showed everything is fine. This pain sometimes radiates out into my chest area. Is this from the ADR or is this common from a fusion at such a low level.

Questions:

Has anyone ever had a fusion or ADR at the level C7-T1. Isn’t that an unusual level to have a fusion at?

It is my understanding that the thoracic spine joints don’t move because the rib-cage prevents it. So if C7 and T1 are fused, C7 must also now not move. So doesn’t this mean that the artificial disc at C6-C7 would move more than it is supposed to?

I used to think that an artificial disc above a fusion was unusual till I found this site and read about “Cervical Hybrid Surgery”. I would like to hear more from people who have had that surgery. Sounds similar to my situation except that I had it done in two separate surgeries on the same day.

Has anyone had trouble with Acid Reflux as a result of having C-spine surgery?

What has been people’s experience with permanent headaches after ProDisc-C implant?

Has anyone had mid-back pain after c-spine surgery? Clear down at level T6-T7 area?

My doc has me banned from NSAID's till I reach the six month mark and x-ray has verified the fusion is complete. Since I don't want to take narcotics while I am working that only leaves Tylenol which I understand can ruin your level if used for a long period of time. What are other's experience in this area? My doc gave me a week of a steroid which was great for a week, but by the next week all the pain came back. I don't go back to see him for another month which will be the six month mark for me where I am hoping my fusion will be at 100% at that point.
May 2nd 2011 – Fusion at C7-T1, prodisc ADR at C6-C7
Present – Headache since May 2nd. Dizzy spells with trouble concentrating and blurred vision and hearing. Mid-back pain that radiates into my chest, neck soreness, numb extremities. Cold chills throughout body.