View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 10:49 PM

Hi Douglas,

Sorry you're not feeling well. Brighter days await.

Harrison had a really good idea about gathering up your medical records; I'm doing the same right now in anticipation of diagnostic appointments. The last dr. asked me for complete records of injections, when, what, and exactly where was it injected into me. I could not tell him. Woops 8-)

MeggieLynn's ideas to try (1) to do an EMG will test your muscle performance and help diagnose and (2) to try ESI (Epidural Steroid Injection) can help, too. I've had a lot of ESIs, but they were not guided by a fluoroscope. A lot of the literature recommends that ESIs be guided by fluoroscope (live x-ray, so they get the medicine to the exact point they're going for). Having fluroscope guided injections helps them know exactly where the pain is coming from. If the injection helped, they found the pain.

Nerve conduction studies, too, if you have not had them can help diagnose; this one's got a mild electric shock though; not too bad. Just some other thoughts.

Hang in there! 8-)
Plan: Trying to see spine surgeon at charity hospital, further diagnosis. Evaluate for S.I. joint fusion and lumbar and cervical fusions/ADR.