View Single Post
Old 07-13-2006, 12:40 PM

fiddle,
I found a doctor with ADR experience after returning home from Germany who agreed to handle my post-op care. I would suggest establishing that relationship before you go, if you have time.
All I've really needed since surgery were check-ups and x-rays at 6 and 12 month intervals post op; Dr. Zeegers asks that you send him flexion / extension x-rays at these intervals plus every year thereafter. I did have a major scare at around 4 months post-op (stupidity induced, moved wrong; really wrong)and thought for sure I messed something up in there. Went and had X-rays, sent them to Dr. Zeegers via email, heard back the next day that all was good with the implants and he offered insight and suggestions as to the cause of my new pain (which went away in a month or so).
At no time has my insurance company questioned my post-surgical costs (maybe because I'm spending a fraction of what my medical costs were before I had surgery), and they are fully aware of all of the details of my overseas surgery (I submitted a claim; denied because my plan doesn't cover non-emergency overseas surgery, which I knew but tried anyway).
All the Best to You,
Jeff
Two level cervical Mobi-C (C5/6, C6/7) with Dr. Zeegers (successful)
Laser Facet Coagulation (left side: L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1 & sacral) with Prof. Dr. Reul (significant reduction in remnant lumbar & sacral pain)