View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 11:40 PM

Hello, I underwent spine surgery C-4/5 , nineteen years ago in USA.
I had sever muscle spasms, had lost 30 pounds. I awakened and was in total pain at that time I was on strong pain medications. Nothing to what I have read many people { How well
all seem to do } I was under the surgeons care 2 years later. Now -I have issues with speech, I saw a Ear Nose throat Dr. I'm very hoarse sounding, even if I speak low as I can it becomes terrible. No Cancer, nothing. It is related to my surgery long ago. I was involved in a motor accident where another person hit my auto almost head on. After that surgery I have to say many odd things happened with my body. My Herniated Disk was pushing on the spine cord. I have weakened immune system, take all the supplements from this point on. I'm a 54 year old woman now. What I have suffered in the past years happens to be so in-depth I do not wish to take up space. I waited and did not have surgery as soon as I should have. I went to a Dr. who sent me to one who would not do it. Then I eventually was almost lost total use of the whole right side of my body-I had to have the operation. I worked during the whole time before-cried each day on my way home. So, please anyone especially women who undergo the surgery take Calcium for the bones. I was told never to lift anything again more than 1 or 3 pounds, it was unreasonable, alone i had no choice but to do it at times. I suffer and I'm on Valium for spasms also Methadone for pain, as well sleeping medications, plus 2 other meds for muscle spasms. The best thing I ever found for spasms-RICE put in a tube sock and heated in a microwave. If you have C-spine surgery, the head weight is around 10 pounds. Wear a collar it helps. I wore one 6 months and the bone graft eventually took. Good luck and if anyone has information for me please write. Regards , Brenda 1977