View Single Post
Old 04-30-2017, 02:43 AM

Default @Harrision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
Excellent and eloquent post, Nasakido. Thanks for sharing this information as it will help others.

With the focus and discipline you are now performing daily, and the right regime, I am sure you will get better.

Keep up the good work, you will get there.

BTW, how much of your produce is organic? That's a biggie.
We are trying to change everything we can to organic. However, our local produce is lacking. So far we order the following that is organic:

These are just a few of the items we get on a regular basis. The coconut oil replaces all dairy butter for all of our cooking. We do not eat dairy any longer unless it is raw, and preferably goats milk. However, we still do buy eggs. We use the above mentioned raw sugar in all of our cooking that requires sugar irregardless of whether it calls for fine powder or not. We bake our own bread from all organic ingredients, i.e. flour, sugar, sunflower oil, salt and of course bread yeast. I make tea every day for me and my family. My wife and two out of three kids drink approx. 12 ounces of all organic herb and spice tea I brew, i.e. chamomile flowers, lemon balm, cayenne powder, ginger powder, cinnamon powder, and raw organic honey. I brew the same tea for me but add white willow bark, and I drink approx. 32+ ounces per day. I make the special shake I referenced for my whole family out of all organic ingredients, including the goat whey powder, and we drink this every day... approx. 16 ounces per person. There is a ton of other foods that we make that are all organic including all of our treats, i.e. organic brownies, lemon bars, pies, etc. We have to substitute ingredients at times to keep things organic, and away from dairy, but my daughter does an excellent job at cooking so we are eating very healthy now. Most of our herbs come from mountainroseherbs.com. And all of our essential oils come from Eden Botanicles.

There are some foods we struggle with such as the ham for the pork fried rice. It is natural but not organic, and I really want to find a better source because I hate preservatives and/or nitrates in any food. And the eggs, yuck. But, we have no other choice at the moment.

I have been off of work for almost three years now, and we are in the process of trying to sell our home next month to get ready to move. I want to go back to work, have applied to 6-7 telecom jobs again, but nothing yet. Once we get into a better situation, and we pray out of California, we want to raise our own chickens and goats. We are simply at a place in our lives where we do not know what is next for us. Silence...

I can state that I feel a big difference eating organic. I do not feel as sluggish. I feel more mentally aware. We rarely get sick as a family, maybe a light cold with fever every year but that is it. And we stay far away from any type of vacs. I do not want any of that stuff in my kids.

And lastly, I finally figured out a little of why my pain has been so bad... I have been losing more weight. So, I eat more, and the pain is subsiding. Go figure. It makes sense though. I did drop from 186 to 157. And since I have gone through two back surgeries and had severe muscle atrophy my body needs more calories than say the average person because I am trying to recover, overcome atrophy and still eat what I should to keep me healthy. So, even with me feeling nauseated from the pain... I eat more anyway. It is slowly working.

I also stopped all medications except Tramadol. I tried to stop completely two weeks ago and the pain was too severe. I know it is part mental so I decided to cut the dose in half down to 25mg per night, and next week will cut it in half again. This way my brain can slowly adapt to the change rather than be shocked all at once.

Second to this I stopped using Penetrex and Arnica gel rub. Something tells me I was poisoning my body. Okay, it wasn't something. It is just the known fact that too much arnica for too long is not good for the body. Now I use emu oil as a substitute and my own concoction of essential oils, herbs, and almond oil for a rub and/or beeswax for a balm, i.e. infused chamomile, st. john's wort, and calendula and 3% total essential oil dilution of Myrrh, geranium, helichrysum, clary sage, cypress leaf, peppermint, yarrow, and ylang-ylang.

Anyway, I know I answered more than what you asked, but I thought some of this information might be helpful to others.

Nathan
"Coram Deo"
PT (50) 20-8-14 to 04-24-15
MRI w/ con 13-4-15
XR Pelvis 08-6-15
COR INJ 02-7-15
MRI 14-11-15
Discography w/ CT-Scan 19-1-16
QME 16-2-16
XR LL 29-4-16
Bone Density (DEXA) Scan 01-8-16
XR LL 01-8-16
Metal-LTT 12-8-16
MRI 17-8-16
EKG 21-10-16
2-LVL L4-S1 ADR LP-ESP 08-11-16
XR LL 24-11-16
A-THX (24) 12-12-16 to 24-02-17
XR LL 31-01-17
XR LL 08-5-17
CT-Scan 07-6-17

Last edited by nasakido; 04-30-2017 at 10:18 PM.