Thread: New to DDD
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 08:30 AM

My personal opinion on a few things:

1. We've all been there. It's a subject that every person on this website seems to lack: a quick, easy decision that stems from multiple opinions that agree. I had 5 different recommendations (fusion only to 3 level ADR only, and everywhere in between)
2. As a medical professional myself, it's hard to recommend something you really aren't experienced in doing. If you had the training, support staff and facilities, and reimbursement: you'd probably be providing it yourself. ADR is not a new, crazy surgery. Professionals recommend what they know and believe in at the time.
3. Read your insurance policies, but I can't imagine have elective surgery for any reason (cosmetic, sex change, whatever!) would be a reason to deny payment if things went south. There are usually clauses regarding suicide, drunk driving, war.... but not surgery.
4. Keep working toward an answer that is unique to you. It has taken me around 6 months to make and feel good about a decision. (Nick Boeree for me, by the way. If you go that route, I have some housing info cheaper and more comfortable than a hotel).

Best wishes.
United in hope for a mobile, pain-free future,
http://healthyback2011.blogspot.com/