View Single Post
Old 11-20-2016, 09:50 PM

Default New Member Intro= WakesurfMike

I had a Microdisectomy at L5//S1 back in 2011. It worked very well and pain was down to a 1-2 and off of pain meed except for flair ups until June 2016 when pain has returned been getting worse.? Now sitting , standing, walking , for more than 30 minutes the pain increase.

I switched to a remote support position with my company back in 2009. Even though I work from home I have not been working for the last month. I have spent about $150 buying a used zero gravity chair, keyboard with touch pad, monitor mount trying to set up something I could work from on my back. It is just not comfortable enough for all day of working . I just don't want to spending a lot money on a zero gravity workstation since I will probably spend money on ADR. Hopefully the disability insurance I have been paying for for 17 year will start paying me soon.

I do have and appointment with Dr Dom Coric and Carolina neurosurgical in Charlotte on Dec 2. He is listed on the Active L website.

I do have Blue Cross and I know the don't pay for lumbar disk. I have been thinking about going all the way through the process of getting a denial letter so I might win an appeal. I have been reading and heard of many people getting them covered by insurance.

I can take a 401k loan or Medical withdrawal to cover and an Adr in Germany. Part of me wants to get in replaced Asap, the other part says wait and try to get BlueCross to pay.

I have been in contact with Dr Zeegers (big user of Active l), he actually gave like to Facebook post about the Freedom lumbar disk patient the ran the Boston maraton last year. He then sent me a message the next morning that he did a little more research on the Freedom disk and had made an appointment to have a demonstration of their new instruments.

I have not paid Dr Zeggers a consulting fee yet. I told him I wanted to wait and see what Dr Coric says. So far he has been real nice and has reponded to all questions I have asked. He is even quoting a $25k-29k plus travel cost for a single level Active L if that is what I need. He has not even seen MRI yet. He would need to make sure I was a Candidate/ medical history and review, and I need loose 15lbs.
2010 workman’s comp lawsuit
2011 Microdiscectomy approved 80% pain relief
2011-2016 few flare ups but would always get beter after a few days.
6/2016 Pain is not going way
07/2016 MRI, tramodol, Nucynta, Celebrex
08/2016 Regenerxx PL-Disc shot- didn’t work at all
10/2016 can't even stand or sit for work for 30 minutes before pain gets worse