View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 04:15 PM

Default Need opinions of Dr. Bertagnoli and ProDisc

I know I've put this out there in other threads, but I've decided to go through with my ADR C4/5 & C6/7 which will sandwich my 2006 fusion at C5/6. I chose Dr. Bertagnoli mainly due to his reputation, experience and prompt response to my inquiries. Dr. Bierstedt was my only other choice, but I had concerns about the M6.

Most of the current blogs have been about Dr. Bierstedt and Dr. Clavel. Has anyone out there have prior experience with Dr. Bertagnoli and the ProDisc Nova?????? I just need a little affirmation to get me by while I wait for my surgical date (09/24/13). I know there are some, but I spend so much time sifting through the threads and trying to piece together opinions. My pain has continued to get worse this summer and I can only sit at my computer for 5-10 minutes at a time.

Also, has anyone experienced lack of coordination and a feeling similar to vertigo? In the past, my pain has mostly been confined to the upper extremeties - severe migraines, stabbing pains in the neck and shoulder blades, and tingling/aches in my arms. Now I'm experiencing shaking hands, falling over (losing balance) when I look upward or down, and a stabbing pain in my heel which runs briefly up my leg to my lower back. Nothing is constant, but randomn. The pain surprises me at times - almost causing me to fall down a flight of stairs. Could this be connected to my C4 - C7 neck issues?
*Laura*
C4/5 central and rightward bulging of disc and osteophyte causing mild right neural foramen stenosis narrowing and right lateral recess narrowing
C6/7 Central disc bulging and osteophyte and hypertrophy of ligamentum flavum canal stenosis and narrowing of bilateral neural foramina
Sept 9, 2013 Scheduled with Dr. Bierstedt C4/5 & C6/7 M6