View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 10:16 PM

Laura,

To my knowledge, Dr Bertagnoli hasn't had a patient on this site since ... 2009. While he has a couple of patients with bad outcomes whose stories have been widely circulated on the internet, if you are a good candidate for ADR, I know you're going to have a great outcome with Dr Bertagnoli. He was one of the European pioneers with the ProDisc-C and is probably second only to Dr Zigler at TBI/Plano with that device. If I were going to have a ProDisc-C implanted, Bertagnoli would be my second choice to do the surgery. With that device I believe you'll be in very good hands.

I never had the symptoms you're experiencing before either of my cervical fusions (2000 and 2002), but did have some such symptoms before my double cervical ADR (2009); extreme sensitivity of the scalp, numbness and tingling in the genitals and rectum, and my left knee giving out (resulting in a fall). Like Gene, I could exacerbate those symptoms by flexion of my neck. If it helps any, ALL of those symptoms were resolved when I woke up in recovery after the double ADR.

Good luck, Jeff
Conceded defeat to a manifestly disingenuous BCBS-TX in my quest for reimbursement, Jan 2011