View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 12:36 AM

Jeff, Conan, and Gene
Thank you so much for your feedback. I can't help second guessing every decision I make - I'm hoping that this will be the last surgery and it will a good outcome. When I had my fusion, I only experienced a constant ache, headaches (which I didn't know was associated) and numbness/tingling in my arms (which I could turn off with the turn of my head). With the two levels of "new" problems, the symptoms are more erratic. I was worried I was developing new problems; I'm somewhat relieved that (Gene) you have shared some similarities. I haven't found what is triggering it - I can't seem to locate a posture that triggers it....yet.
I started this venture when I discovered the website for the M6. Although it seemed like the "magical" cure - I did share some concerns regarding its efficacy over the long-term and the number of parts which made up the core. The ProDisc seemed to seem more simplified in its design. I am not an engineer, so I would be interested in your opinion, Conan. I did read some issues regarding the facet load and failure, but those who posted didn't divulge the surgeon - my assumption was it may not have been positioned properly or plate size incorrect. I felt that Dr. Bertagnoli would be the better choice as a surgeon for this device. Harrison expressed his opinion in regard to keel choice and felt the Pro Disc was less invasive. Again, I'm not an engineer and would like to understand the concern about keels and loads on the facets.

JSS - I had been in contact with Dr. Zigler during my quest for a surgeon, but was concerned about the number of multi-level ADRs he had performed. I had also been concerned about negative comments about TBI being a surgical mill (???) I thought the European experience would be the best choice for experienced surgeons. I originally started my quest based upon the names of successful surgeons brought up on this website. He was the only one that responded to my inquiries at the time (weeks went by before I heard back from Dr. Bierstedt and Dr. Clavel). When I researched Dr. Bertagnoli, I felt that he had the surgical credentials and experience I was looking for. I was hoping to have been able to read more updated outcomes than 2009. Perhaps mine will be (?)

Thank you again for sharing your concerns, opinions, and similarities. I do feel somewhat more at ease. However, still concerned about the ProDisc.
C4/5 central and rightward bulging of disc and osteophyte causing mild right neural foramen stenosis narrowing and right lateral recess narrowing
C6/7 Central disc bulging and osteophyte and hypertrophy of ligamentum flavum canal stenosis and narrowing of bilateral neural foramina
Sept 9, 2013 Scheduled with Dr. Bierstedt C4/5 & C6/7 M6