View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 01:22 AM
Banned

I originally posted this on Ana's thread, but am moving it here (sorry, no one wants this to drag on, but 'respect'and 'peace' won't hold if the problem isn't resolved, and saying 'no more on this subject' is not a resolution!):

'Helping people' sometimes involves dealing with this stuff. It stinks, but it's far from 'nonsense'. People have trusted this space, and Harrison, and their peers, to be able to express themselves freely as long as they respect others. That trust is taking a serious hit with this, and brushing it under the mat (Matt? ...sorry, too punny to resist)ain't gonna help.

How about working together to resolve this situation in a way where everyone's feelings are at least respected? It's Harrison's Board, ok, but there are patients who do not feel supported in the way it's been organized lately, and I'm sorry to have to say that I can understand this given these latest exchanges.

Harrison, I believe you do care about people's feelings. What about that idea of letting people flag their own stories with mood icons? It's a compromise at least. That way everything, good or bad, is no longer under a blanket coat of 'generic calm'. If we're going to leave negative headings elsewhere, like the Stenum posts and even Insurance Hell, then there is no logical way to justify wiping over negative surgical experiences so they melt into the background, don't you think?

Also: I'd like to remind everyone that a lot of work and support have been generated here BY and FOR MANY people over the years and NO ONE gets paid. It would be a shame to lose good people over this but it's about to happen. A Forum is people. Without posters to contribute, it's empty space.

It's really necessary to quickly work this out in a way where the majority feels satisfied, and move on. Spineys, Rich, are you inclined to agree or disagree? Thanks for your time; I have a 4-hour exam on Monday and not much to spare here but I hope ALL realize the importance of protecting what has been built with so much care and honest feeling.

Trace