View Single Post
Old 05-10-2015, 02:26 PM

Default Help! I'm screwed

NJ Gene,

I have been seeing a P.M. doctor over the past year, while trying to get to the bottom of my pain. Taking Norco and Lyrica 3 times a day to get me by.

When I came to, post-op from my last surgery (decompression surgery), I knew right away something wasn't right. This was my 3rd lumbar surgery and it had a much different feel... not a good one in my leg's.

It's my belief that the Dr. man-handled my nerves.. The surgeon was quick to dismiss me and said my nerves needed time to recover and prescribed gabapentin and released me (kicked me to the curb). It's been 1 year and it's not getting any better.

Dr. Coric said a implanted nerve stimulator may help mask the pain but he has only seen around 60% success rate with them (he doesn't perform this procedure). I haven't see too many good stories on-line with implants. Dr. Coric also recommended against additional injections and said he doesn't think it would provide any relief.
Early 2000's L3/4 lumbar spinal stenosis/bulging disc: Lumbar laminectomy surgery.
2014 July 08 L3/4 L4/5 spinal stenosis: Decompression surgery.
2015 Continued to have leg pain in both legs: Receiving pain Management Treatment.