Thread: MRI Results
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2017, 11:27 AM

Default MRI Results

Hello,
I just joined. Hope everyone is doing very well. I have a lot of symptoms that have been going on for about two years and are getting worse. Pins and needles down arm and in hands, constant tightness and soreness of neck and upper back and shoulders, going down triceps. Etc etc. it's gotten much worse just recently. The pain is often excruciating.

Got my MRI results report from last April (not sure why I waited this long; I just listened to the gist of it from my PCP). I don't know how to interpret them really and if someone is familiar with these results I'd appreciate any thoughts. I just want to be sure I'm not going crazy and that the pain is not partially psychological. I know it's there and that it's agonizing. But I don't see the words "severe" or "nerve" in the MRI, so I'd appreciate educated thoughts.

I'm looking into ADR with Dr Clavel who has amazing reviews. I can't take any more of this pain as it is debilitating.

History: neck/back pain and left shoulder/scapular pain.

Results:
There is a straightening and mild reversal of the normal cervical lordosis. Mild disc space narrowing is seen at C5-C6 and C6-C7 with associated endplate degenerative changes and marginal osteophytes. No fracture or suspicious marrow-replacing lesiĆ³n is seen.

Slightly low-lying cerebellar tonsils are noted. The visualized posterior fossa and spinal cord are otherwise normal in signal.

By level:
C2-C3: Unremarkable
C3-C4: Unremarkable
C4-C5: Unremarkable
C5-C6: There is a mild left-eccentric posterior disc-osteophyte complex consisting of a minimal disc bulge and small greater than right uncovertebral osteophytes. This effaced the ventral thecal sac without central canal stenosis or foraminal narrowing.
C6-C7: There is a moderate left-eccentric posterior disc-osteophyte complex, including a moderate disc bulge and moderate left uncovertebral osteophyte. This effaces the ventral thecal sac without central canal stenosis. There is moderate left foraminal narrowing.
C7-T1: Unremarkable.

Impression:
Degenerative changes of the cervical spine at C5-C6 and C6-C7, as detailed above. At C6-C7, a left-eccentric posterior disc-osteophyte complex results in moderate left foraminal narrowing at that level.

Last edited by Dave234; 03-04-2017 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Extra Info Added