View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
To clarify, i know him to be an excellent surgeon and in fact trained in the activ L because of the research i(me) have done on the subject..NOT because he is a good researcher...LOL

The point im trying to make to the original poster is anyone thinking of going to Europe for an ADR has to do their due diligence.They need to research, research and then research all options again..Just because Joe Schmo had a successful 3 level ADR with disc XXX, doesnt mean **** and shouldnt mean **** to Joe.
I won't go into the reasons why Zeegers uses and still believes in the Activ-L.
I know why, but if someone wants to know thereis plenty of info on this site and on the internet..
The Activ-L being so close to FDA approval is a major step for back sufferers in the USA in my opinion.
I think we have hijacked Azmtnman's thread enough but I will say I agree that the Activ-L as an option in the US is a HUGE step forward in the U.S. as the prodisc is just not a great solution especially for lumbar.

I agree to disagree on the value of people stories here. Of course research is important, but looking at patient outcomes is INVALUABLE research, and in fact it is one of the primary benefits of a site like this, and people shouldn't overlook that.
2009 - Trampoline injury (just bounced down on my butt)
2009-2011 Physiotherapy and medication, progress but no lasting pain relief
2010 - X-Ray DDD L5-S1, L4-L5, L4-L3
2010 - MRI Herniation L5-S1, Bulges L4-L5, L4-L3
2011 - Epidurals - No relief
2012 - Facet Injections - No relief
2012 - Discogram TBI - positive L3-S1

L3-S1 ADR M6-L w Clavel 11/28/2012