Thread: Hello! My story
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 12:33 PM

Hello. Your story reminds me of a a member of the online support group for neck issues i have in Norway. She had both lumbal and cervical problems; and her symptoms were the same as you're describing.
They did a laminectomy in lower spine, but her symptoms didn't go away, because they were coming from her cervical spinal cord, she had myelopathy, as it seems you may be having symptoms of too.

It seems she waited too long with surgery, so her symptoms did'nt completely go away; but still her gait problems did improve substantially; even if she have issues with balance and motorical problems.

Her story made an impact on me; so always when I hear of spinal cord compression and myelopathy; I see a red flag. Time aspect can be very important in your case, with irreversible loss of function if one waits too long.

And you don't neccessary have to experience much pain with myelopathy; so thats not an important parameter.

Don't want to scare you; but since it seems you have clinical signs of spial cord compression, it is something to take very seriously.
Spinal cord compression does not always lead to symptoms; but when it does...I guess time is very important.