Thread: Hello! My story
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 07:33 PM

John

O.K. I have been having problems for the last 20 years. Started out with lower back pain 20 years ago, would come and go and was always cured after muscle relaxers for 2 or 3 days. Five years ago I started having problems with my hands where I would get like a charlie horse in my hands and all my fingers would pull together.I wold have to pull my fingers straight again and work them out again. Saw a neuorologist for this and had electrical nerve test done and he diagnosed this as carpel tunnel syndrome LOL. Well lately last 6 months my legs kick out all nite while sleeping. My left foot and left front shin is always asleep, lower back pain most days, there was 3 days I had to use crutches to walk but O.K. now. I saw a orthopedic doctor who ordered MRI's and he called me right in the next day and said I need cervical disc surgery as my spinal cord is getting crushed and wants to operate right away. Yes I saw the films but I don't even take pain pills. So is this that big of an emergency my wife is scared to death because the doctor said if i cough or sneeze or fall i may never walk again. He wants to cut a hole in my neck and access my spine. Any help from others would be very great. Thanks all! JOHN