View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 11:45 PM

Jerry5,

Aren't you supposed to preface your post with "RANT" first to warn us? I may be on my way looking for an open MRI soon so, thanks for the suggestion! I can't argue with your rant. I say all the time TORT REFORM....but, no one listens to me.

Scoop302,

Did you have surgery by Dr. Bierstedt? I only see that you had surgery from Dr. Clavel. Why do you have such a bad opinion of Dr. Bierstedt? Seems that there are quite a few happy patients of his on this board.

My concern with the two level Mobi-C where I live is that there is only one surgeon that I am aware of who has done the surgery in Arizona. He did it five months ago. It was in the news. That's not much of a track record to make me feel all warm and cozy with the surgery. Not that I think my insurance will think I'm a candidate. I don't think my insurance will approve even one level but, I'm not there yet. The only "offer" I have had so far is a one level fusion from the surgeon at the Barrow Institute with the caveat that it probably won't help me to feel better. I'm really making some good progress here in the U.S.

I assume I would rather have the M6-C based on what I've read but, I am waiting for feedback from more surgeons before making a decision on what to do. No need to go into the pros and cons of each disc here because we all know them. I am fully aware that the M6-C is leading the pack in Europe but, I want to hear about why it's good for me from the surgeon who finally figures out what to do to help me.

I think I will get Dr. Clavel's opinion after I get the Lumbar and Thorcic MRIs that my insurance just denied. Hopefully, the surgeon at Barrow will get this sorted out for me this week so I can get them. I'm really surprised that they have done such a crappy job at getting the proper information to Cigna considering the Barrow Institute is supposed to be one of the top spine hospitals in the country. It's been a disappointing ride so far.
2016 more RFAs, hit the 10 year mark of this insanity and pain, 3 level M6-C ADR with Dr. Clavel May 19, 2016