View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 11:30 PM
Banned

Laura,
Each time I've been in PT, I've been told during the initial assessment that my SIJ is all out of whack and had ajustments done .. for years now~ like 15 at least.. haven't had the fluroscopic injec tho will mention it to my PM this next time so thanks..

RE Dr.B. Yes~ I gave my NCM a copy of the information and cost breakdown that Dr.F-M sent me last year. Still it was a no-go by WC, even the trial for 2 levels would have cost more than the proposed two level surgery w/Dr.B.

WC goes by ACOEM guidelines (American College of Environmental Medicine)~

One thing I think would be difficult to do at this time is to make Dr.Bertagnoli my Primary Treating Physician and this is what I must do if I switch docs to someone who will do all ADR vs. combo ADR and fusion.

It would most definately make financial sense, and I'm he has enough of his own study data to show the results he's having,however, I believe I'd have to have a PTP here that would be recommending the surgery there~ and then go from there...

It's all a big stretch at this point, tho whenever I read about fusion probs and the screws and such the feeling I have about fusion just gets reinforced more and more...

While I think WC wants to save $, I think they'd prefer not paying for anything surgical and they kind of have my number re "my doubts" (meaning they pretty much know what I will go for and what I won't)..

yes, they could stand to save quite a pile, but such is the broken system of WC here in Ca...