View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 10:48 AM

After experiencing the outstanding - really outstanding -- patient care at the AlphaKlinik in Germany, I am even less tolerant of the mediocre and worse care here in the U.S.

Recently I have had two medical appointments. Both involved seeing the resident first, then the doctor I went to see. The resident asks you questions, then gives his/her interpretation to the doctor. Typically they look at the films without you. Then the doctor thinks he knows what's going on before even meeting you. One appointment was a total of 5 minutes, the other 10 minutes...and that's being generous.

There was a rushed feeling with both appointments. I am definitely not going to go to any more two-tier appointments if I can help it. Any negative experience, even an appointment, I think is really bad for the head. I am tempted to ask my mother to join me (she's in her 80s). Historically I get more respect when I bring my mother. Fed up.

Thank god for my primary who talks with me, really listens, and has a solid 20 minutes or so to offer.