View Single Post
Old 06-27-2005, 12:02 AM

I was so excited to find this forum. I have been visiting for some time now and have gotten a wealth of information. I have torn, herniated l4-l5 and l5-s1. I just turned 33 in November. I have been fighting back pain for 7 years. In may of 04 I had l4-l5 laminectomy and was told to hold out for a new disk. My surgeon wont even request the adr with ins. because he found out they wont cover it.He called and said lets just fuse you. No way! I called another surgeon and tried to get a second opinion. When he found out who my ins. was I got the same response. I said no, so they wont even see me. I explained to both offices that I have the right to be denied and the right to an appeal. They dont care.Its been 3 weeks since my disco gram and no surgeon in my town will precert the adr proceedure even though they are trained to perform it. I am now sceduled to see a Dr. in colorado. He is four hours one way and the drive will kill me. However they know of my delema and will help me through the appeals process.I know this post is long winded, I will post again tonight under we need numbers of adr waiting. I have alot in the works for the Ins. co. and cant wait to share it with everyone. BrendaWY