View Single Post
Old 04-26-2005, 12:14 AM

Hi
I got an idea while watching Montel today. There was a seg on a congressman who had cancer and was cured by an experimental drug. He has gone on to become an advocate of those who need the same type meds but cannot afford them or cannot get insurance to pay for them. He has set up a program that has drug companies involved to help pay for or provide free of charge meds for those who need them.
Montel is a chronic pain sufferer also. I got the idea to contact him and the congressman and tell them of all of us who are waiting for ADR and our insurance companies wont pay for the surgery.
I figure it cant hurt to send an email or make a phone call to see if they are interesed in our problems.
WE might get some media coverageo or some proessure placed on our ins to approve us who knows?
I want numbers so that I can tell them how many of us are out there in the same boat. I want them to know this is a wide spread problem and many people are suffering because beaurocrats at the insurance companies are stalling.
Speak up if you are in the same boat I am or if anyone has numbers or stats please share.
Feel free to give me ideas on this if you have them.
Thanks
Evaluated by Dr Blumenthal at TBI
2/2005 ADR 2 level recommended
2 level lumbar fusion