View Single Post
Old 10-14-2005, 08:32 PM

Crystal,

Today's dose came in the form of laughing at myself. In case you haven't had your daily chuckle, I'll share.

Rotten day, nothing but self-pity and grumbles ... hurting, got that "cold coming on" feeling, was the only one in the office today, people unreasonably expected me to actually work while I was in the workplace, grudgingly stopped at the store on my way home to pick up weekend essentials, got in shortest line to wait the longest time, traffic awful, grumble-grumble ... finally home, put away groceries, got rid of unnecessary clothing, ahhh!, woofers happy to see me, smiles!, couch is calling, furry ottoman offers himself, furry lap-warmer offers herself, TiVo found some good stuff while I was gone, things are looking up! ... but nagging feeling that something's wrong .. oh, sheesh, isn't this day done *yet*!? ... can't relax, nagging feeling won't go away, what the heck's wrong now?, grumble-grumble ... get up to retrace my steps, find myself in kitchen and can't remember why (I used to have such a quick mind before this pain came, grumble-grumble), open 'fridge ... what's that??? why is the Woolite in there? and if the Woolite is in there, then where's the milk? ... oh, there it is, still cold, in the laundry cupboard ... ooops! ... peals of laughter!!!

Not such a bad day after all, especially after woofers were so amused at my laughter that they became clowns so I could laugh some more.

-j, on the couch with warm feet & lap, and a giggle that keeps coming back

(and completely off-topic, again, I'm sorry )