View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 03:52 AM

To respond to my previous post (since I didn't sleep last night and made it to work over an hour earlier than normal), I guess I am giving Dr. Y one last option before I offically 'give up' and go the Germany route.

I know that Germany has the best surgeons available for the most reasonable cost, yet something (inside me) that I am still unable to identify seems to be holding me back.

To be honest, I think that I have about 3 possible scenarios:

1. Insurance covers Prodisc/Fusion 100%: Then I have a tough decision to make.
2. Insurance won't cover Prodisc/Fusion at all: Easy decision to make.
3. (Highly likely) Insurance will cover Fusion, but not Prodisc: this would probably mean around $12k in costs for me, which is significantly less than around $40k for Dr. B.

Ultimately, I guess the question is whether or not I would be better off with L4-L5 Prodisc & L5-S1 Fusion, or L4-L5 Prodisc and L5-S1 Prodisc? Some of the studies I have read tend to indicate that ADR @ L5-S1 doesn't seem to offer much advantages over Fusion, which is the primary reason why I am even considering it. Even though I have known for the last two years that I have wanted ADR over Fusion, I guess I (maybe?) should be realistic and at least consider the option (?!)

David