View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 11:19 PM

tc,

I'm gonna get a glass of milk and a multi-vit. I have been lax in this area.

I'm doing better than I would have thought. I can bend a little and lift a little but anytime I get over 12-15 pounds it starts hurting I have to lye down. At least it does get better in 30-60 minutes now where-as before surgery it doesn't. I still have bad days but not as many the further out from surgery I get.

Trying to taper off opioids right now is a bigger issue for me than residual back pain. The last bit is a lot harder than at first when it was a larger amount. I have been stuck on 30-40 mg of short acting for about a week now. I go through hell and back in the AM and then get better as the day and the blood level builds. It also is confusing at times as to what makes pain better, the surgery or the meds. I'm pretty sure it is the surgery but after wanting something so bad for 4+ years a person tends to not want to set themselves up for failure. There are so many factors, even placebo effect. I suppose what ever, it is a positive.

I have seven pages of single space charges. I'll get busy with the white out. I may have to do it in the form of a link as it might be a bit much to put it in a post.
Had minimally invasive PLIF with internal fixation on 12/28/09 for isthmic spondylolisthesis of L5-S1 (TDR contra-indicated) DDD at L3-4 & L4-5, All L-Spine doing well. Episodes of no pain at all. After being relatively pain free for 4 months, C-Spine gave up. MRI due 11-1