View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 06:20 PM

You need a third and/or fourth opinion. Seriously. I got two very different opinions from different doctors as well, not long ago.

I saw a third who offered a treatment somewhere in between, and it made sense to me. I'm just trying to sort out funding now.

I wish I could help more with the question about the trials. I believe some here have done that..but I don't know the results. Maybe some will chime in here, or maybe start another thread with that specific question.

You are in a very good group of people here...lots of information from so many who have been at it for a long time. I've been trying to get an answer for three years, not to scare you. I think I finally have the answer. Dig hard and deep, and don't take no for an answer. You are already on the right track by asking lots of questions.

L4/5/S1- Mod. narrowing, bulging disc, significant hypertrophy of flava lig.

Highly allergic to all metals.

NEW: 3/16/2010: Successful surgery in Brazil w. Dr. Pimenta; Nuvasive NeoDisc at C5/6, and XLIF & ALIF at L4/5/S1 w. PEEK cages. No rods, screws, plates. Non-metal lumbar ADR not available at present time, so went with fusion.