View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 03:02 PM

Hello Azhure,
Welcome to the forum. I haven't had any lumbar surgery but I have some questions and comments to sort of get the ball rolling, until others that have have had this type of surgery can respond. Have you had a post-op visit w/ the surgeon & what does he/she say about this continuing pain? Have you had any x-rays post-op? I've heard that these lumbar surgeries can be extremely painful and my only thought for now is that it could be very severe muscle spasms. There are many layers of muscles in this region. Are you taking any muscle relaxants? When I had severe spasming in my lower trapezius muscle that was exactly how I described it - "like somebody had taken a bat and beat me in the middle of my shoulder blades." I hope your able to get enough rest being a mother of a hyper six year old - If you have any extra friends or family around don't be timid about asking for help if you think you need it. You'd be surprised. Even some people you may not know very well are often happy to help out with some things.

Take care,
MeggieLynn
*Tx's-PT, 2 ESI's Interlaminar & transforaminal, 2 SI Joint steroid injections, Failed LBB for SI Joint

Last edited by MeggieLynn; 08-10-2011 at 03:05 PM. Reason: missed word