View Single Post
Old 03-25-2006, 12:00 AM

Eddie, I think there is some confusion between what is an Independent Medical REVIEW vs and Independent Medical EXAM (IME).

Go Big Red, I have PacifiCare and was denied all appeals. I applied to the Ca Dept of Insurance for an Independent Medical Review of my case. I used to live in CA before moving out of state. I was a resident out of state when I requested my Indep Medical Review. I called first to make sure I shouldn't be filing with my own state's Independent Medical Review. Since PacifiCare is based out of CA they told me I was filing it in the right place??? Have you called both your state in addition to the state of CA to make sure you are requesting the review in the right place?

I'd love to hear why (specifically) they told you to file in CO. Is it because of the acquistion by UHC? I still haven't received any notice from PacifiCare that anything has changed for me.

The CA Dept of Ins, sent it out to a 3rd party company and they had 3 MD's review my file. I demand that orthopedic surgeons review my file. They only provided a resume of experience but no names. I was only able to get the names of the MD's PacifiCare used to deny my claim. NOne of them were orthopedic surgeons.