View Single Post
Old 01-21-2006, 11:10 PM

I myself would benefit from losing a good 35 lbs. My Ortho said that it wasn't necessary for me to lose weight before having surgery but it wouldn't hurt to drop the weight. He did a 2 level Charite ADR on an obese patient not too long ago. He said it did make for a more difficult surgery but he felt that his patient would be a sucess.

I'm planning on joining weightwatchers and hope that I can stick to the plan & be sucessful in my weightloss. I think that along with the treadmill & exercise bike will be helpful for me both mentally & physically. As for "Nan's" post, it does sound like you are a bit depressed. When you are in pain on a daily or almost daily basis, it takes a toll on you mentally. I think that a lot of people on these boards can say that they have been down that road.
Disc Bulge C4/C5, Disc Degeneration T11/T12, Bi-Lateral tears L5/S1, Diagnosed w/ Lumbar Disc Derangement w/ Radiculopaphy. Treatment: IDET, Percutaneous Discectomy, SI Joint Injection, Facet Block. All failed. Empire BC/BS Denied Coverage for ADR-lost all of my appeals. MVP also denied coverage.

ALIF/PLIF Fusion 1/20/09