View Single Post
Old 08-10-2006, 06:05 PM

Thanks Harrison. I will have to take a look at this stuff. At this point, I don't think I have Lyme disease or one would think I would have developed new symptoms after this amount of time.
You are definetely right about how easy it is to treat if caught right away using antibiotics. But at least around here, they will not prescribe antibiotics merely because you have been biten. My son has come in with deer ticks on him. Of course, not all deer ticks carry the disease either. When I found one that had attached, I removed it, saved it, and took him to the doctor. They would not prescribe any antibiotics, they just had us watch for the "tell-tale bullseye rash." I have read many articles and personally know two people though who have full blown lyme disease who never recall ever having the bullseye rash. We do use repellant when outside usually and check for them when we come in. The sooner they are removed, the less chance you have of getting the disease also. Another trick is to wear light colored clothing, because they are really tiny and hard to see.

I love the area we live in. It is truly beautiful here on the hill all year round. I guess we just have to deal with being cautious.