View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 10:34 AM

Hi ,
I have something similar. I feel a sack like area where they operated. It is painful especially on the back side. I have often a line of pain just to the left of the spine. In addition, there is a sack like area to the left. My left leg has nerve swelling 11 months out. I tried to get my toenails done, and they could only massage the right leg. I think it is scar tissue. I am going in for an epidural.
3 Level ADR Stenum
Quote:
Originally posted by SenecaGirl:
Hello all...wondering if you might be able to help me out. In late July, (about 7 months post-op), I started having sharp, painful stabs in my gut area -- specifically my bladder/ovary area. The pain would come on at any time, and last 5-10 seconds. At one point it got so bad it made me cry. So, I went to my general Dr., who tested me for a UTI, but that wasn't it. Not pregnant. He put me on a bladder relaxation type drug, thinking it might be bladder spasms. Didn't help. So, I went in for an ultrasound and a vaginal test -- nothing wrong with the female parts. Since this started, I've had 1 blood test and 3 urine tests to rule out the usual suspects.

The pain got better, and now happens at very random times, mostly when I bend or stretch my gut area. Wondering if this could be a result of my horizontal ADR scar that is 2 inches below the belly button (which is a few inches above my pains). Could my internal tissues be moving and connecting resulting in pain? My Dr. thinks that this is a plausible explaination, however the next step is a Cat-scan to see. If it is scarring tissue, I think the only thing that can be done is to open me back up and clean it out -- something I'm not too fond of.

At this point, the pain is uncomfortable and annoying enough that I want to do something about it, but not enough that I'm going to sign up for surgery.

Anyone have any theories or experience anything similiar? I am now 10 months post-op and have no other issues. Thanks! SG