View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 02:48 PM

I have been approved by Pacificare for lumbar surgery and cervical fusion. But have been turned down for cervical ADR. I have to have the cervical done before the lumbar as my spine is being pinched by 40%. I have access to the top surgeons for Prodisc and Prestige - Dr. Delamarter and Dr. Pashman. And can change to any insurance. Aetna covers both.

I'm leaning towards the Prodisc. But neither doctor are "in network" for any insurance that covers ADR. So my first question is how can I find out which doctors that have performed the most of these types of procedures - that are "in network"?

Secondly, which has the longest track record in the US and/or overseas - Prodisc or Prestige? I'm leaning towards Prodisc for it's ease of installation, ability to place more in later above and below, the untested slight ability to some day be able to replace the plastic piece if it wears out (where as with the Prestige if it wears out you have to have it removed and fused), and if Medtronic thought the prestige was superior design they would not have built the Bryan(sp?).

Dr. Delamarters office has been very fair about telling me about both devices. I was told both are very good. Which I respected. But I still think the Prodisc appears mechanically to be better placed and a simpler design.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Patrick