View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 11:05 PM

here's the link to Core's website:

http://www.coreorthopaedic.com/twt~page~itemid.37/Spine.html

I believe that they do cervical but I don't keep up with what is FDA approved in that area vs what is in clinical trials.

I would suggest calling them.

As far as what Aetna ins plan I am on... It's Aetna's Medicare Open Premier Plan. I was eligible for this plan because I won my social Security disability appeal and selected a comprehensive Medicare plan via a private insurance company. Again, as a PFFS (opposed to a PPO, HMO etc,) I didn't have a specific limited network. I could go anywhere that accepted Medicare and who was willing to accept my insurance. Private Fee for Service (PFFS) is a new Medicare Ins product this year.

I was approved within a month of seeking pre auth. No appeals etc. I picked a plan where almost everying is coveed 100% with 1K hosp coppay. As far as what Aetna paid to the hosp and drs for the surgery, I don't know yet. I am not home so I haven't opened any mail for a month. I don't believe they have even sent any Explanation of Benefits for my surgery yet.

It seems like almost everyone with Aetna gets approved for ADR surgery but I do believe that there are a few people on this website that were denied ADR with Aetna. The more comprehensive a plan the better, and going to drs who where doing the clinical trials may help things to fall in your favor.

You should search here under "find" in various forums for aetna and see if you can find out what plans through employer provider ins that
aetna has and has not covered
ADR.

best wishes

New ins paid for 2 level lumbar prodisc surgery on 4/7/08 (at age 39) with Dr. Westerlund, at Core Orthop