View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 11:43 AM

We need change. In France, the ambulance gives you a ride to the hospital, and they do your laundry there. We just want medical care paid for.
We have to unite. Single claims of injustice are routinely ignored. The insurance industry is wealthy, powerful and corrupt.
We are Americans. It is our job as citizens to get involved, and to effect change.
1) All senators and representatives these days have email addresses. I have mine on file and write a simple message about issues all the time. The more letters they get, the more they pay attention. It takes volume.
2)We deserve and should have health care, even if we got injured at work. It should be simple, and a single payor system might be considered. I personally have three insurance carriers and they all get out of paying. One doctor's office quit taking insurance at all (we do it ourselves) because she was spending so much money paying people to straighten out the insurance mess. And it was questionable whether she would get paid at all or in part.
3) Socialized medicine may not seem appealing to many, but we rank 37 in health care compared to the rest of the world. We Americans could come up with something that would be better than the rest of the world. We have the best medicine here, we just don't get it because of the fraud going on in the insurance industry.
3)We are already using our connections with Oprah and Michael Moore. Whether you like them or not, they are icons, and can help with this issue.
4) ERISA laws hurt the American Worker. They should be done away with, and retroactively if possible. Many disabled people are living on the edge when they purchased insurance through the companies they worked for. Some lose their homes,commit suicide, lose spouses because they have no money coming in.
This web site is a good place to unite. Numbers. Large numbers of people uniting to make a fuss is the only way. Writing representatives, peaceful demonstrations, using connections with celebrities.
Marilyn Michalak
3 level lumbar ADR
Stenum'07
Still suffering from sacroiliac joint dysfunction
Need medical treatments that are not paid for by insurance companies.