View Single Post
Old 07-07-2007, 09:35 AM

O.K. Thanks for all the replies! I have been working hard on putting this package together. In the middle of sorting everything out paper-wise I contacted "The Insurance Warrior" Laurie Todd the author of the above-mentioned book. She was very helpful and sent me an example of an appeal she had done for another person seeking insurance coverage for ADR Prodisc. She no longer works for individuals but she had sent an example of this Legal & Medical document to me leaving out the names and telling me to plug in my information and edit it to conform to my case. So, that's what I have been doing. Not an easy task since the document she sent me was for someone whom already had an Artificial disc done in 2004 and BCBS covered it and was now seeking coverage for a second disc to be covered by BCBS. Laurie has suggestions of who to send this document to: Medical director of Blue Cross Blue Shield, Director of Managed Care Health Care, State Insurance Commissioner, Dr. who would perform the surgery, Pres. of City Medical Society, Pres. of state Medical Association.

So, I have been busy cutting and pasting and documenting and I currently have 3 different applications for Independent Medical review. I am also scheduled for a test I have never heard of. Instead of an EMG where they stick needles into you and you feel like a voodoo doll I am having a Nerve conduction test done. Has anyone had this test done? How reliable is it? I have heard that EMG tests can give false results.

So, anyway after I get the results and also have another appointment with my Neurologist Dr. I will finish up my epic appeal document and have it sent off. I do not expect that I will get responses quickly so it will be a waiting game.

I also thought of getting in touch with the first doctor who did my Laminectomy, discectomy back in 1992. He is now a lawyer but I am not sure what type of lawyer he is.

Abbe
L5 S1 Partially sacralized
97' epidural injections
L3 L4 ruptured and torn
L4 L5 Almost no disk height left along with osteophytes
Left leg pain and tingling going down back of leg into heel & foot
3 appeals with BCBS no success Lost insurance.
Kaiser Permanente
L3-L4, L4-L5 Prodisc 9/18/09
C5-6 & C6-7 ruptured and looking at hybrid surgery fusion & Prestige ADR