View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 11:59 PM

Amy,

Funny you talk about being warm! I also felt too warm for days after surgery, and then suddenly I flip flopped and felt cold all the the time!!! I wonder if its the Meds???
I had some pain, I think mostly nerve pain & maybe distraction pain walking seemed to help up to a point, but after a point it would get worse... I would try to stretch the arms back to ease the pain & that did help. Leila, the PT, was a miracle worker... The Fisiocrem helps even now when I feel fatigued & achy. I even bought a tube to bring back with me! My nerves were severely compressed & I still have lots of lingering nerve pain. I have high hopes that with time the nerves will settle down.
Hopefully your pain is temporary and you will be feeling better soon.
Honestly, we did not see as much of the city as we would have liked, but between the pain & an unusual level of extreme fatigue I did not play super woman post -op and try to see everything... I just did not have the energy and by mid day a nap was all I wanted! Resting, napping & the wonderful massages that Leila did every evening eased the pain more than anything....

Don't know about anyone else, but the surgery wiped me out.... I'm almost 12 weeks out & still become very fatigued, exhausted by about 3:00 daily. I'm usually a very energetic person, but there are days that I stop (self Employeed) and head home for a nap!

Take it one step at a time & don't over do it! Feel better soon!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyM View Post
Mark, thank you for your note. If I still feel like this tomorrow, I will call Dr Clavel and ask for his recommendations. My pain is varying from a 5-7, but it's constant and usually closer to the 7. I had some relief after pt today for about 30 min. It rained today, so we didn't make it outside until about 2 pm. We walked about 3 hours. The walking does seem to help, but I am also having some trouble regulating my body temp and I felt extremely warm, even though it's a chilly day. I don't have a fever, but I feel the need to be cold or else I feel worse. Hopefully that too, will pass soon. I'm taking Motrin every four hours, and paracetamol every 4 four hours. I do have some nolotil that Yolanda said just to take when needed, no more than every 8 hours. It hasn't helped much.
Funny, I was prescribed all these drugs in the US when I was in my accident, but never took anything. Now's when I need them!
Will update tomorrow...hopefully another night's sleep will help.
2 level M6 ADR, Dr. Clavel - Oct. 2012
Insurance paid
Not a day goes by that without me whispering a silent "thank you" to Dr. Clavel
Post Op 2+ years
Cross Fit 3-5 times a week
Running 5ks