View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 12:09 AM

Mark,

Did your nerve pain go away in that 5 week time frame you mentioned??? My right arm is driving me crazy, with pain under the shoulder blade, across my shoulder & down my arm, no longer down to my fingers, except on rare occasions. The left is much better since the surgery& only bothers me if I am on my feet too long or over do it. I am so hopeful that it will completely go away and that I did not wait too long for surgery & cause permanent damage.....the effervescent acetaminophen helped along with Novotil the I got from Dr. Clavel. Not sure if that is the same Meds you took or not.

Thanks for your input!

D

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7umks View Post
Amy,
Your symptoms sound very much like the ones I had when I had my two level m6c with Dr. Clavel last May. For me, I identified it as distraction pain. Meaning that with the two implants my neck grew 1/4" over the height of about an 1". I saw it as the nerves stretching beyond the amount that was comfortable. I woke each morning in Barcelona with a pain level of 6-7 which got my attention.

This pain decreased to zero in 4-5 weeks. I found that when I was walking that the pain greatly diminished and that waking from a nights sleep was my hardest time of the day. As long as I was moving I was fine. Subsequently, I had a strong inducement to walk all over Barcelona. I took Celebrex and the acetaminophen (from the hospital) and that seemed to help. Please check with Clavel about the Celebrex. He was ok with my taking it but he might have another thought about it now.

I also noticed that my nerve pain diminished in the hospital when I got an IV of metamizol. It is a short acting pain reliever that is neither a NSAID nor narcotic. I found out that it is available without a prescription at the Barcelona pharmacies (so is Celebrex). Metamizol is only taken for a few days at a time. Lastly, please take everything regarding the above with a large grain of salt. I don't want to come off as pushing medications but relay what helped me. I am only another spine patient that was trying to figure things out. Dr. Clavel would not want you to unduly suffer and he should be able to help with the pain.

In case you are wondering I am now in zero pain and I am profoundly grateful for the treatment I received in Barcelona. I hope that your recovery goes as well.

Mark
2 level M6 ADR, Dr. Clavel - Oct. 2012
Insurance paid
Not a day goes by that without me whispering a silent "thank you" to Dr. Clavel
Post Op 2+ years
Cross Fit 3-5 times a week
Running 5ks