Thread: new to board
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 09:23 AM

Hi Lynette - I am in the same position - and concerned with every little thing in the body right now with this spinal cord too. Glad to hear that you are walking a bit with some meds.

I am worried it may be affecting my bladder now (only this past week) - but also I have been a nervous wreck too. I am also finding that maybe some of my leg issues actually be maybe from my lower back - but again - not sure. I am turning and twisting all day just to assess - my PT was somewhat helpful. The joy of living in a small town. Speaking of which - my MRI report was interesting. The disk herniation does look a bit bigger than last fall from my read - but not dramatically different (last fall there was mild stenosis and no compression). I do think there is compression now compared to last fall. My neuro - did the interepration for the new MRI- and did not have the radiologist do the report!! All I got was "there is a significant increase in size in the disk with more impingement into the spinal cord compared to 10 mos ago." Unreal!! He referred me to a different facility from where I had the prior MRIs (again over my objection) I am seeing a surgeon in Miami on Monday - and I am waiting to hear back from other surgeons. It will be interesting to see what they say. I am eager to discuss what my facets look like with the orthepd. surgeon on Monday and if at all I can some sort of minimally invasive procedure done as a stop gap while they are perfecting these new technologies.

Hang in there! I tried a muscle relaxant last night just to take the edge off my nerves - it helped some. This is a mind over matter experience for sure.

Lisa
Aug 2007 - diagnosed with DDD at C5-6 - herniated disk with mild stenosis at right/central of cord - but pain/occasional numbness mostly on the left side - and down into the leg/foot - which has puzzled doctors - even had a lumbar puncture - but thankfully all clear!
May 2008- after many months of no symptoms and issues- flare up- and new MRI shows moderate stenosis.
L4-5 small annular tear with some DD
Big fan of massages and acupuncture to help with muscle tightness/pain.