Thread: new to board
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 06:03 PM

I did see my internist today to help with the anxiety issues. My neuro had given me valium to take as needed so I was taking about one every 2-3 days when needed but really wasnt getting stronger. My internist said valium can have withdrawal symptoms even after being on it for a very short time so he wanted me to take one daily for two weeks then drop back to every other day then maybe half a day then stop. I must say I have taken one for 3 days in a row and I was able to walk tonight for 15min which is good for me after I have worked all day. I am a nurse and on my feet alot during the day. I have another PT eval next wed and he wants me to have massage therapy with the PT.Maybe a lot of my leg weakness was really related to the anxiety and not the disc. The mind is a very power full thing.So I hope to gain some strength while on the valium and my body is relaxed!! Lynette