View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 10:27 PM

Default Patient Assistant Line (PAL) & Advocate

Has anyone used PAL or an advocate to help with their appeal?
And has anyone had success?

Ive tried to look at past threads on here but couldn't find anything.

My neurosurgeon has set me up with the Patient Assistance Line (PAL) who helped me get an advocate (Lindstrom) to help with my appeal/denial.

Once UHC denied my claim, PAL started gathering info for the appeal right away, we had to wait over a month for UHC to fax over the denial letter, they kept claiming that they faxed it, but nothing was ever received, then they claimed that it was never generated.... a bunch of lies!

On Tuesday (night) September 6, 2011 I received a UPS package that was left on my doorstep regarding the appeal. it was all my medical records, doctors notes and other insurance things... THEY LEFT IT BY MY FRONT DOOR UNDER A MAT! I mean come on! I have had to sign for things that you wonder why do I have to sign for this, and something that has personal info in it is just left on the front door for the whole neighborhood to see and possibly take!

I WAS PISSED TO SAY THE LEAST!

The package we got on Tuesday night stated that there would be a conference call that next monday (September 12, 2011) So I had 5 days to figure out what I wanted to say or do, and if I wanted to be apart of it I had to call in and give them my phone number. Thankfully I had Lindstrom Advocacy helping me out. I thought that the call went pretty good but I guess it didn't because they sent a letter either that day or the next day that the decision was being upheld.

So Im thinking they didn't even listen to what I had to say or what Lindstrom had to say and just kept the decision of the previous decision. It seems like to me that they left the call and all said "denied" "yep, yep, yep" and then that was it, they didn't put any thought into it. But what do i know I'm only the one LIVING IN PAIN, and the one that is trying to maintain my active lifestyle.

We found out later that the "expect" that made the decision graduated from medical school in 1961, and he's a pediatrician.

sorry for the long post I am just so frustrated (like everyone else that is on here dealing with the evil insurance company)
MRI in 2011 more DDD and disc starting to bulge.
Fought UHC for 8 months and WON
October 31, 2011 IRO overturned UHC denial!
November 22, 2011 my spine got an upgrade.
(ProDisc-L) Best medical decision I have ever made

http://www.facebook.com/rebeccabille
my story: http://youtu.be/hT1jKmcOV8Y