View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 01:16 AM

hm that's weird bc they were trying to recruit me not 3 weeks ago.

i don't know a lot about what is or isn't covered in trials - my specialty/place of work does very very few true clinical trials because of issues with informed consent. the research nurse or whomever does the initial screening for a trial would be the person to ask.

i would say medical costs and followup yes, travel probably not beyond a certain amount if any. but, i really don't know. i've never been part of a randomized control trial, nor conducted one.

i would say that emailing all of the people on that list would be the best way to go. i [I]think that the Freedom trial is the only active lumbar ADR trial in the US.

given that your level of involvement is L4/5, i would be pretty persistent about ADR. don't know your financial situation, but 1 level ADR with Boeree or Clavel is about $30k plus airfare/food/incidentals.

my medical situation is a little less clear since it's L5/S1 - not very mobile typically so not as bad to fuse. still working on M6-L vs minimally invasive TLIF decision.

though, i have the flexibility of a gymnast even w/ back trouble, so mine is probably hypermobile. my sport is swimming - where flexibility is a plus as well, but in a different way. i was too tall in 6th grade to be a gymnast - my adult ht is 5'8".
laidupdoc@gmail.com if my PM box is full

The content herein represents my professional thought and opinions in a general sense only; they do not constitute professional advice or services. if you need medical advice, please consult a licensed physician.