Thread: Advice/Help
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 12:10 AM

Default Wait until you hit the wall!!

John747,

Put surgery off as long as you can. You will know when you have hit the wall and really have no other choice. I Chose the M-6 over the prod-disc. Like most things you will find it will come down to your own choice for your own reasons. In my readings I seem to find folks that have used the M-6 have had a better outcome. I had hit my wall and knew it was time for surgery. I do have my own ongoing pain issues after my surgery, but you know if I had gone ahead with the fusion and felt fine afterward with no ongoing pain, well then that would have been that. But had I done the fusion and still had pain issues I would have always wondered what would have happend if I had ADR surgery? The stenosis problem was fixed. The M-6 ADR's are in perfect placement, but I still have pain issues that may or may not be related to the surgery. My Dr. says they don't appear to be. I guess I just have a pretty funky C-spine that I have to live with. I just do my best with it one day at a time.

Wait for the wall.....

JPJH
01/15/2008 Evaluated via MRI UCSF Spine Center. Recommended sinlge level C 4/5 ADR with Pro Disc or fusion. 02/23/10 Evaluated via MRI UCSF Spine Center. Recommended two level C 4/5 & 5/6 ADR with Pro Disc or fusion. ADR denied by BC. Appealed, lost two appeals. Patient refused fusion.
2005-2008 Unknown cause of spinal stenosis at C 4/5.