View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 12:36 PM

Hey Guys,

I injuried my back in 2002 while flying for a Texas based airline. I tried to fight it off with all conservative methods but that finally came to an abrupt end in 2006. I had been told by several surgeons I needed surgery but was to sturborn. In March 2006 had an emergency microdisectomy L 4-5. Best thing I ever did. Other than nerve pain I recovered very fast. Needles to say I have not been able to touch an airplane for 2 years. I am able to work though. I have been very active and have been enjoying life with many more good days than bad days. 2 weeks ago I started feeling the nere pain increasing. I had an MRI and it shower more herniation on the same disc. PM Dr. sent me back to NS and he wants to fuse it. I love to play golf and do not want to be fused. Another pilot buddy who had 2 level adr suggested Dr. Zigler at TBI so I called and will be there next week. I hope my insurance will pay but I am fortunate to pay myself if needed.

My question is what to expect at TBI and if there are any pilots out there that have had this procedure? Did the FAA give you trouble? I really miss the sky. Also any golfers out there that have had ADR?

Thanks in Advance
Herniated L4-5 Dec 2002. Chripractor, PT, PM-ESI's, RF Facet Joints, Discogrophy, Mylogram CT, Ruptured in March 2006. Microdisectomy. Re Herniated in April 2008. Scheduled in late July 2008 at TBI for L 4-5 ADR.