View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 07:24 PM

That's AWESOME FranklySir....I have the BlueCard WorldWide, and they told me over the phone that "in-network" and "out-of-network" is based on what your home BCBS deems it. Do you have private insurance throught BCBS??

When i contacted BlueCard WorldWide, they told me to send all the reports and billing to them FIRST, which contradicted what my home BCBS providers told me. BCWW said many say that, but it needs to go to them first due to complexities and coding when dealing with foreign billing. I was even given a case number by them to hold onto. They said they are aware of Quiron hospital and have dealt with billing directly before with them. My surgery is Feb. 14th, and the representative of BCWW said they will contact Quiron to make sure everything was going fine, the procedures are medically necessary, etc. I opted for the bank wire transfer, because BCWW does the wire transfer directly to my bank account themselves, not my home BCBS provider ( I was told). I would like to keep home base out of this as much as possible.

I'm i the only one who contacted BlueCard WorldWide prior to surgery to get coverage confirmation?? I never told them what types of surgery i was going to get, only that it was spinal surgery.

FranklySir, if you pay for your own insurance (your own boss), i can see why you got 100% reimbursement. My "out-of-network" coverage is 70%....i hope somehow i can reclaim 100%, but 70% is better than 0%. There was 2 other posters here who went to Clavel and got reimbursed with BlueCard WorldWide. One was at 60%, and the other at 100%. Funny how the percentages vary, but it could in fact be solely based on what your BCBS representatives pay at.

That is GREAT NEWS and keep us posted on your lumbar reimbursement. Hopefully, it will go off without a hitch.

Feb. 2014 - Hybrid lumbar fusion(l5/S1), ADR(L4/L5)...2-level cervical ADR (C5/C6, C6/C7). Dr. Pablo Clavel of Quiron Hospital in Barcelona, Spain. All M6 implants (PEEK cage and plate from Medtronic at fusion level in lumbar.) SAME DAY OPERATION for both areas of the spine.